Looking to learn a new skill or try something new? How about learning how to handle a bow and arrow by learning archery? The sport and skill of using a bow to shoot arrows was historically used for hunting and combat. But today, it’s considered a competitive sport and recreational activity that anybody can learn.
We’ve all admired the skills of characters like Katniss Everdeen in Hunger Games and Legolas in The Lord of the Rings on the big screen, so trying it out for yourself could be a fun experience.
Archery is a sport that can help people exercise complete focus, improve hand-eye coordinationand serve as a therapeutic activity and relief from stress. Check out some of archery spots around Metro Manila where you can try out this cool sport for yourself.
Considered one of the first premier archery centers in the Philippines, Gandiva Archery was founded in 2007 and continues to expand around the country. It opened its first branch in 2009 at the SM Mall of Asia and now has several branches including Gandiva Archery and Arrowland by Gandiva in Quezon City, Mandaluyong and Pasig. This archery center aims to make archery more accessible to everyone, offering trials, lessons, archery equipment and repairs and more. They also offer offsite archery range set-up and can host private events and team building sessions.
- Business name: Gandiva Archery
- Address: 126 Pioneer St, Mandaluyong, 1550 Metro Manila
- Contact number: 0917-7039866
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/gandiva.ph/
- Google map link: https://goo.gl/maps/WoHdefE3ZVVn5Pfi9
Kodanda is a Hindu Sanskrit term which means “he who has a bow.” This indoor archery range offers a casual venue for both beginners and pros to practice archery. The center is a compact venue located in the upper basement MakatiCinema Square, that caters to only 7 shooters at time. The intimate size means that it usually doesn’t get crowded and noisy and instructors can be more hands-on when teaching the basics of this sport.
- Business name: Kodanda Archery
- Address: Chino Roces Avenue, Makati, Philippines
- FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/KodandaArchery/
- Google maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/78jLUjPAvgkp28TG9
DMZ Archery Range
For those on a tight budget who still want to try out the sport, DMZ Archery Range located inside Sanville Subdivision in Quezon City might be a good choice. Their owner’s goal was to make archery more accessible and more affordable for everyone by introducing the sport to a wider audience. They offer a promo where you can shoot as many arrows as you like at P200 per hour.
- Business name: DMZ Archery Range
- Address: 8 Mystic Rose Dr, Sanville Subdivision, Quezon City, 1128 Metro Manila
- Contact number: 0915 440 5967
- FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/dmzarchery/
- Google maps link:https://goo.gl/maps/aNXMLi4AhbNNSVYm7
Want something a little more active that involves archery with moving targets? How about trying Arrow Tag in Quezon City? This hybrid mix of archery, paintball and dodgeball is a team sport where you can practice shooting foam-tipped arrows in epic battles on the field. Archery Attack is the onlycombat arena that makes use of archery, making it a unique and exciting experience ideal for team-building, corporate events and bonding with friends. Dash around sand-filled inflatables and try to hit your friends and companion, with this fun and completely safe activity.
- Business name: Archery Attack
- Address: Congressional Avenue Extension, Project 8, Quezon City, Metro Manila
- FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/ArcheryAttackPH/
- Google maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/NQ3y6QBQQB9A4pLv6
- Website: https://archeryattack.com/