Looking for a day tour with your squad after the quarantine? Try Rizal!
You’ll be surprised that a two-hour ride to this province can already give you one of the best barkada adventures! Want a short but memorable trip? Here are 7 Rizal destinations to visit next with your friends on a day tour!
1. Masungi Georeserve
The place probably rings the bell as you see it everywhere on the Gram—for a good reason! Located in Baras, Masungi Georeserve is a conservation facility along the Sierra Madre Mountains. From the local word, “masungki,” which means “spiked”, Masungi features spiky limestone mountains.
The georeserve offers several adventures including day or night discovery trail, legacy trail, garden strolls, and more. A visit to this place is an adventure and an immersion in nature that’s perfect for your squad.
Before visiting, make sure to contact them for rates, reservations, dos and don’ts, tips, and other concerns.
- Name: Masungi Georeserve
- Address: Garden Cottages, Kilometer 47 Marcos Highway, Baras, Rizal, 1970
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Contact Number: +63 (908) 888 7002, +63 (995) 186 9911
- Operating Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Mondays – Saturdays
2. Angono-Binangonan Petroglyphs
Looking for a history-filled adventure? Angono-Binangonan Petroglyphs should be on your bucket list!
The petroglyphs were first discovered in 1965 by National Artist Carlos “Botong” Franciso, who also hailed from Angono. It is believed to be the oldest known carving in the country, dating back to 1000 B.C. In 1973, the site’s 127 engravings were declared as a National Cultural Treasure.
It is best to contact the National Museum of the Philippines first as they handle the management of the site.
- Name: Angono-Binangonan Petroglyphs
- Address: National Museum, Binangonan Branch, Binangonan, Rizal, Philippines
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Number: (02) 527-4192, +63 (915) 896 2166
- Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Mondays – Fridays; Weekends and holidays by appointment
3. Treasure Mountain
Are you in the process of moving on? You don’t need to go all the way to Sagada to vent your frustrations amid a sea of clouds. Simply hike Treasure Mountain in Tanay!
The great thing about the trek is it’s friendly for beginners. For only Php 150, you can enjoy a day climb to the summit where you cannot only get rewarding views of a sea of clouds, but other worthy adventures too, such as the ‘kawa bath’ and rope courses.
For rates, rentals, and other inquiries, see this list by Treasure Mountain management (rates as of August 2017).
- Name: Treasure Mountain Educational Site
- Address: Sitio Maysawa, Barangay Cuyambay, Tanay, Rizal, 1980
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Contact Number: +63 (917) 946 1200
- Facebook Page: Treasure Mountain
4. Mt. Daraitan & Tinipak River
Does a refreshing post-hike swim in a river sound like a legit adventure? If yes, then look no further than Mt. Daraitan and Tinipak River.
Better stretch those muscles first though as the hike can be a little challenging for beginners. There are friendly tour guides that will guide you through the trail. After descending, you and your squad can dip into the river and even cliff dive from the top of pristine marble limestones!
The best way to start your journey is through the foot of the mountain in Barangay Daraitan, Tanay.
- Name: Mt. Daraitan and Tinipak River
- Address: Barangay Hall, Barangay Daraitan, Tanay, Rizal, 1980
- Contact Number: +63 (928) 268 9723
- Facebook Page: Brgy. Daraitan Tanay Rizal
5. Hinulugang Taktak
Remember that song during your childhood days? The beauty of Hinulugang Taktak is surely not one to forget. It may have been astray for some time, but after the rehabilitation initiatives of the local government, the waterfall is slowly reverting to its former glory.
The waterfall’s name was coined after residents’ complaints in the 16th century. The church had a bell that made loud noises during Angelus. After receiving complaints, a priest had it thrown into the river and thus, the site was known as “where the bell was dropped”.
Since its reopening, the park introduced several attractions that are perfect for your squad game!
- Name: Hinulugang Taktak National Park
- Address: Taktak Road, Barangay Dela Paz, Antipolo City, Rizal, 1870
- Contact Number: +63 (930) 409 2723
- Operating Hours: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Mondays – Sundays
- Facebook Page: Hinulugang Taktak
This year may have been a rough start, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the rest of it with your friends. For an ultimate day tour, go to Rizal—it’s near, accessible, and fun, all at the same time!