The pandemic may have put a halt on social events, but that doesn’t mean we can’t participate in small gatherings – provided we observe health and safety protocols. If you have an intimate event like a birthday or a wedding coming up, or you simply wish to relax and breathe fresh air, there’s a one-hectare off-the-grid property in Batangas waiting for you!
The Den Vacation House is originally a family vacation house, which the owners decided to open to others who are looking for a nature-inspired retreat. Here, guests enjoy the luxury of having their own private paradise, surrounded by one hectare of lush, tree-hugging space, away from the hubbub and chaos of the city.
Situated in the quiet, landlocked municipality of Alitagtag in Batangas, The Den offers guests a serene and exclusive space ideal for families and friends, with Mt. Maculot in view. Accessible within a two-hour drive from Manila, it’s perfect for those looking for a quick weekend getaway or destination weddings and other events.
Though convenience stores and markets are available nearby, The Den is tucked away from Batangas’ city center and doesn’t offer WiFi, but soon, you’ll find you won’t need it, as there’s plenty of activities to do that one day is not enough! More on that later.
The Den houses two beautifully designed cottages. Each is fully air conditioned, well-furnished, and sleeps a maximum of 5 persons. Both are equipped with a private toilet and bath, queen size bed, a sofa bed, and a cozy attic with a loft bed.
You can book the entire one-hectare space, including the two cottages, for P29,913, inclusive of use of all amenities. You can book it via their “All-Access Rate” at Airbnb here.
However, if you only wish to book one cottage, you can do so too! Cottage 2 can be rented out separately via this Airbnb page here for P14,990 (good for 5 and includes use of all amenities).
Whether you book the entire place or just one cottage, you will be granted exclusive use of the one-hectare space during your stay. Quite a deal, we say!
This rustic mini house takes inspiration from the traditional Filipino-style house with its bamboo build, nipa roofing, rattan pieces, and capiz windows.
Like Cottage 1, this particular cottage has elements of a traditional home, but boasts more contemporary interiors. It has warm, wooden flooring and classic white walls, and a gorgeous canopy bed in place of the traditional queen-size one. In addition, there’s also a fully furnished kitchen, complete with a fridge, cooking ware,dinnerware and utensils, a stove, purified water, and more.
Offering plenty of alternative activities and amenities, The Den proves to be a fitting escape for travelers who want to disconnect and get away from it all. Enjoy the pool or jacuzzi with Mt. Maculot in sight, hold a BBQ night by the fire pit, or an outdoor movie night. For barkadas, games like foosball, billiards, archery, and more will keep them entertained.
Here’s the complete list of amenities you’ll enjoy at The Den:
- Glass chapel
- Cemented pathway from pavilion to cottages
- Outdoor pool
- Heated jacuzzi
- Gym equipment
- Ping pong
- Sound system and outdoor projector for movie nights (Weather permitting)
Family and kids
- Board games
- Children’s dining utensils and plates
Dining and camping
- BBQ Grill
- Fire pit
- Outdoor dining area
- Rice cooker
- All cooking ware, dinnerware, and utensils
- Coffee maker
If you’re looking for an out-of-town venue for an event, The Den fits the bill! It has its own glass chapel should you wish to hold an intimate wedding for up to 25 persons. There is also a pavilion you can use for other celebrations like debuts and birthday parties (up to 15 guests).
Event reservations include use of the sound system, the chapel, and the pavilion.
- The property is privately owned and fully fenced.
- The owners live there and staff is ready to assist 24/7.
Requirements and guest reminders
- All guests are allowed, regardless of vaccination status. However, guests are required to submit a negative COVID-19 test result within 1 to 3 days prior to arrival.
- For accommodations, The Den strictly imposes a 10-person headcount max.
- Pets are allowed.
- Children of all ages are allowed too, as well as seniors.
- Because the property is surrounded by greenery, expect mosquitoes and insects. Be sure to bring citronella lotion or insect repellent.
- The Den doesn’t accept DMs or calls. Bookings must go through their Airbnb page.
- Business name: The Den Vacation House
- Address: Alitagtag, Batangas
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/thedenvacationhouse