Prepare to shop, learn, and gorge on local delicacies as this year’s National Food Fair happens on March 12 to 15 at SM Megatrade Halls 1 to 3 at the SM Megamall in Mandaluyong, Manila.
A joint event organized and led by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Bureau of Domestic Trade Promotion (BDTP) and regional and provincial offices, the four-day extravaganza will showcase 280 food businesses/ entrepreneurs from across the country. Themed “Eat, Shop, and Learn”, the event enables guests to delight in a wide variety of food products and ingredients, from halal items to processed foods to wellness products.
There will also be cooking demos by renowned chefs and booths dedicated to culinary tours and farm destinations. On a hunt for local wines? Drop by the Philippine Island Bar. If you are specifically looking for halal food or drinks, be sure to visit the Halal Food Plaza or the Center for Culinary Arts’ (CCA) halal kitchen. Otherwise, there’s the KAPEtirya Pavilion for your other food and beverage needs.
A one-stop “Negosyo Center” will be set up by DTI during the four-day event for those who would like to learn about setting up their own business from scratch.
As well, rural organizations, government offices, and environmental projects will have their own booths on site. These include:
- Rural Agro-Industrial Partnership for Inclusive Development (RAPID) Growth (cocoa, coffee, processed fruits and nuts, and coconut industries)
- Integrated Natural Resources and Environmental Management Project
- Department of Tourism (DOT)
- Industrial Technology Development Institute (ITDI) and the Food and Nutrition Research Institute (FNRI) of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the Department of Health (DOH)
- Philippine Coconut Authority (PCA)
- Agribusiness and Marketing Assistance Service (AMAS) of the Department of Agriculture (DA)
- Brunei Darussalam-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area
As this event promotes sustainability, attendees are encouraged to bring reusable shopping bags and water bottles.
Admission is free.
- What: 2020 National Food Fair
- When: March 12-15, 2020, from 10 am to 9 pm
- Where: SM Megatrade Halls 1-3, 5th level, Building B, SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila
- Admission fee: Free
- Contact details: 02-7751-3223/02-7791-3102
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook page: facebook.com/DTI.BDTP
- Website: dti.gov.ph
- Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/YqMCcPg8xhMyhW167