Ever wondered what it’s like to have your own farm or hacienda? There’s a hillside farm stay in Cebu that lets you do just that: Alhibe Farm.
This Instagrammable Airbnb offers private earthy accommodations and a variety of nature-based activities that you can enjoy with family or friends. The farm only allows one booking at a time, so guests enjoy exclusive access to the entire one-hectare property for themselves.
The lush mountains of Carmen encircle Alhibe Farm, offering guests an off-grid getaway where they can commune with nature in utmost peace and quiet. The land was originally tilled for agricultural use, until the owners decided to transform it into a boutique farm stay instead.
From Cebu City, it takes about a two-hour drive up north to the countryside in Barangay Sac-on, passing by steep hills and a river along the way. A 4WD would be best if you’re driving straight to the farm.
Alhibe Farm features a rustic one-bedroom hut and hillside glamping tents which comfortably accommodate up to 6 people. Up to 17 people may stay in the farm at any given time, but make sure to give them a heads-up prior upon reservation. Additional charges apply.
Light and airy, the Payag hut opens up to a gorgeous view deck where you can enjoy a hot cuppa with mountains in view. It comes with:
- Common kitchen
- Dining area
- Indoor toilet and bath
- Work desk
The deck at Payag can also be used for camping and outdoor activities.
Meanwhile, the glamping tents are perfect for large groups and offer a refreshing take on living with nature. Guests have access to a common outdoor toilet and bath, with the tree canopies overhead.
Alhibe Farm’s location makes it a catch basin of spring water coming from the surrounding mountains, making for soothing and refreshing dips in its spring-fed pool.
Apart from the pool, a host of other unique amenities await:
- Bantawan, a covered bamboo deck within a mini forest.This is where dinner is served. Al fresco movie nights, complete with projector, can also be set up, as well as yoga sessions.
- Bonfire pit
- Kaduyanan, or hammock area
- Alhibe Swing and Bird’s Nest seats
- Musical instruments and bluetooth speakers
- Board games and sports equipment
Nature aficionados will find a stay at Alhibe a treat, with plenty of outdoor recreational activities available. These include:
- Nature walks at Baktasan,a forest trail
- Bonfire and camping
- Firefly watching
- Star gazing
- Lazing around in the garden or hammock area
P9,364 per night for 6 guests, inclusive of:
- Set breakfast meals and early dinner
- Two parking lots for up to 2 vehicles and use of street parking (up to 5 vehicles)
- Towels and toiletries
- Pool use
- Bonfire pit with 1 set of firewood
- 24/7 access to in-house staff, plus night guard from Thursday to Tuesday
- A souvenir plant upon checkout
- Use of all outdoor amenities
Other amenities with add-on rates:
Additional rates for guests in excess of 6:
- P1,350 per head for guests ages 11 and up
- P1,150 per head for guests ages 4 to 10
- P200 for every guest visitor. Visitors are allowed only until 6 pm. Otherwise, they will be charged the full per-head rate.
- Movie night outdoor setup
- Use of sound system
- Use of outdoor tables, benches, or portable open tents for events
- Business name: Alhibe Farm
- Address: Lanipga Steet, Carmen, Cebu
- Airbnb link:airbnb.com/h/alhibefarmstay
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alhibefarm
- Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/fsrrd2hwPQ6RCyVJ9