Ever since Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (LOTR) premiered, the hobbit’s world became a fantasy for many people around the world. This idyllic fantasy world became such a hit that Hobbiton-inspired attractions in the Philippines began surfacing. Two of these can be found in the municipality of Lucban and Bukidnon. Let’s check them out.
The Galliton is located inside Batis Aramin Resort and Hotel in the cool countryside of Lucban. It features hobbit-inspired cottages, just like the one used in the LOTR set in Auckland, New Zealand. Tourists are allowed to take a peek inside the cottage, take photos and videos while touring around or simply enjoy a walk in nature.
Only two of the cottages contain real furniture while the other two are just meant for taking pictures. You may rent a cottage for ₱500. The cottages were opened in 2019 and is an addition to Batis Aramin’s many attractions, which include Lambingan Bridge, Teresita’s Garden, a man-made lake, a maze, and others.
Once you enter the resort, you’ll be given a map of the entire place. The map has numbers corresponding to each area, with The Galliton located near no. 31 (maze). The place is very easy to navigate, so surely you won’t get lost. Day tour for adults cost ₱250, and ₱200 for kids. It is open from 8 am to 6 pm
Make sure to bring your health certificate, travel pass, and a negative rapid antigen test result when visiting.
- Business Name: The Galliton
- Address: Brgy. Malupak, Lucban Quezon 4328 (inside Batis Aramin Resort and Hotel)
- Contact no.: (042) 5404401
- Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The%20Galliton/102403007879435/
- Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/thegalliton/
- Google Map Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Batis+Aramin+Resort+and+Hotelemail@example.com,121.5735201,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!3m7!1s0x33bd538443257fff:0xd01ac634f7627db7!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d14.1050415!4d121.5757088
Hobbit House Farm Lodge
Hobbit-inspired houses can also be found in the rainforests of Mt. Kitanglad Agro-Eco Farm in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon. The farm is a 22-hectare land co-owned by Benjamin Maputi, an LOTR fan who always wanted to build a hobbit village. His dream materialized in June 2018, when the lodge was opened after using raw materials sourced from the farm itself.
The hobbit houses stand at a height of 5 feet, so you don’t really need to be tiny as a hobbit to enter. Every house has comfortable rooms for sleeping. The farm is located at an altitude of 1,255 to 1,300 above sea level, and temperature can drop to as low as 10 degrees. An overnight stay costs ₱1,000 and includes pillows, beddings, and breakfast for two.
Entrance fee to the farm is only ₱50. This is inclusive of a cup of coffee, a farm tour, and a visit to the hobbit village. Farm guests can learn many things here, including identifying different flora and fauna, how to grow chemical-free fruits and vegetables, trekking, fishing, camping, and horseback riding, among others.
- Business Name: Hobbit House Farm Lodge
- Address: Sitio Sinaburan, Malaybalay, Bukidnon 8700
- Contact no.: 09365004147
- Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/HobbitHouseMalaybalayCity/
- Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/307346543398001/hobbit-house-farm-lodge/
- Google Map Link: https://www.google.com.ph/maps/place/MT.+KITANGLAD+AGRO-ECO+FARMfirstname.lastname@example.org,125.0339979,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x32ff087834e29583:0xbb4dc1fe06611b1b!8m2!3d8.1053923!4d125.0361866
Whether you’re a fan of The Lord of the Rings or not, these two hobbit-inspired attractions will truly give you a breather and a one-of-a-kind experience of living in unique countryside accommodations.