Living in a tropical country, a lot of Filipinos spend their lives saving up for a vacation in other countries where they can experience their first snow.
The good news is, you don’t have to go outside the country to enjoy a white Christmas! There are places in the country that offer the next best thing to a day in Antartica: artificial snow and a winter wonderland feel without breaking the bank.
Manila Ocean Park (Trails to Antartica)
Glimpse into life in Antartica at Manila Ocean Park. The country’s first penguin park, Trails to Antartica houses an interactive Penguin Exhibit, plus a snow village and ice slides for maximum fun.
Fee: Varies depending on package purchased from Manila Ocean Park
- Business name: Manila Ocean Park
- Address: Quirino Grandstand, 666 Behind, Ermita, Manila, 1000 Metro Manila
- Contact/ phone: (02) 8567 7777
- Operating hours: 10 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday; 9 am to 8 pm on weekends and holidays
- Map link: https://g.page/manilaoceanparkofficial?share
Snow World Cebu
Snow World Cebu is the first indoor ice-themed park in the Queen City of the South. Located in Anjo World Theme Park, the 2,000-square meter facility features an ice slide, falling snow, and world-class ice sculptures.
Fee: P650 per head on weekdays and P750 per head on weekends, inclusive of unlimited rides in Anjo World Theme Park and Snow World
- Business name: Snow World Cebu/ Anjo World Theme Park
- Address: Belmont One South Road Upper, Minglanilla, 6046 Cebu
- Contact/ phone: (032) 490 1000
- Operating hours: 1pm to 8 pm on weekdays and 11 am to 8 pm on weekends
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/LyYE1moM24iCputJA
Want to experience how it is to skate on ice? Head to SM Supermalls. Select branches of the mall chain have built-in ice rinks where you can skate to your heart’s content. These include SM Mall of Asia (Pasay), SM Megamall (Mandaluyong), SM Seaside City (Cebu), and SM Southmall (Las Pinas).
Coach assistance and basic figure skating lessons, taught by expert coaches, are also offered for a fee.
Fee: P400 to P600 (varies per branch)
- Business name: SM Supermalls
- Address, phone number, mall hours, and map link per branch:
SM Mall of Asia
- G/F Main Mall SM Central Business Park, SM Mall of Asia, 123 Seaside Blvd, Pasay, 1300 Metro Manila
- (02) 8556-0680
- 10 am to 10 pm daily
- Map link: https://g.page/the-mall-of-asia-official?share
- EDSA corner Doña Julia Vargas Ave., Ortigas Center, Wack-Wack Greenhills, Mandaluyong, Philippines
- (02) 8633-5042 to 46 / (02) 8633-1769
- 10 am to 10 pm daily
- Map link: https://g.page/sm-megamall?share
SM Seaside Cebu
- South Road Properties, Cebu City
- (032) 340-8756 | (032) 340-8761 | (032) 340-8735
- 10 am to 9 pm on weekdays; 10 am to 10 pm on weekends
- Map link: https://g.page/sm-seaside-city-cebu?share
- Alabang-Zapote Road, Pilar Village, Almanza Uno, Las Piñas, Metro Manila
- (02) 8800-0447 to 54
- 10 am to 9 pm daily
- Map link: https://g.page/sm-southmall-smsm?share