If there’s one place in Rizal that is ever-popular when it comes to great food and stunning views, it’s definitely Antipolo. Just an hour away from Manila, this trendy city affords city dwellers the joy of dining in artsy cafes and restaurants with the panorama of Metro manila and mountains – not to mention crisp, cool breeze.
Check out our top picks for the hottest spots to dine and unwind in Antipolo.
This charming underground cafe is a perfect fit for those who are looking for one-of-a-kind breakfast and lunch experiences. Literally located in a “burrow”, visitors start their journey by going down a series of steps that open to a rustic, airy space fitted with floor-to-ceiling windows, hammocks, and colorful accent pillows.
Don’t miss their sourdough pizzas, soups, and fresh salads. All-day breakfast and lunch menus await those who prefer heavier entrees. Bi-monthly dinners are also available, as are by-reservation gatherings.
- Business name: Burrow Café at Antipolo Beehouse
- Address: 113 Beverly Hills Ave, Beverly Hills Subd, Antipolo
- Contact: +0917-6229795
- Business hours: Open Wednesday to Thursday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm; Friday to Sunday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm; Closed Monday and Tuesday
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/burrowcafe.ph/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/r1Uu5Cac5mwYdXs18
A popular venue for photo shoots, this romantic foodie getaway boasts a beautiful outdoor deck surrounded by towering trees, shrubs, and mountain ranges. The entire bistro is fashioned using recycled wood from bridges and old houses, and furnished with local artwork and intricate hardwood pieces – making it the perfect romantic getaway especially at sunset.
Bestsellers include Bistek Tagalog and their lava cakes. Currently, Tahanan Bistro only accepts 10 people, which can be extended to 20 for private functions – so book ahead! Guests can choose from packages ranging from P12,500 (use of Bistro deck for 10) to P35,000 (use of the entire Bistro for 20). All packages come with a gourmet 5-course meal for each person.
- Business name: Tahanan Bistro
- Address: 22 Loresville Drive, Lores Farm Subdivision, Antipolo, Rizal
- Contact: 09258801487
- Business hours: Friday to Sunday 6pm to 10 pm; Saturday to Sunday 11 am to 3 pm
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/tahanan.bistro/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/bYqeoBzTZYSXwuDg6
An Antipolo staple for foodies since 1988, this upmarket Swiss-inspired facility lives up to its name (which translates to home on top of a mountain) with unparalleled views of the city. It’s also renowned for its heavenly cheeseboard and cold cuts, and heavenly desserts, particularly its signature Trio of Dessert – a mouthwatering plate of fried suman, cheesecake, cashew ice cream, and Swiss Chocolate Cake ala mode.
Walk-ins are accepted on some days, though since the quarantine was implemented, they usually just accept 15 people for dine-in. You can keep tabs of their walk-in slots through IG or FB.
- Business name: Vieux Chalet
- Address: 456 Taktak Rd, Antipolo, 1870 Rizal
- Contact: (02) 8-697-0396/ +63 919 374 9260
- Business hours: Friday to Tuesday 10 am to 6 pm
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/vieuxchaletswissrestaurant
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/LDeoWoED5qKyG4YZA
ArtSector Gallery and Chimney Café 360º
If you fancy art – both manmade and Nature’s – there’s no better place to appreciate it than ArtSector Gallery and Chimney Café 360º. Conceptualized and built by award-winning artist Antonio Leaño, this 5-story art and events space boasts 360 views of Laguna Lake, Pililla Windmills, and the Sierra Madre Mountain Range and halls decked with some of the most fascinating masterpieces by homegrown talents.
Drop by at sundown to enjoy the city lights at the roofdeck.
The cafe is open from Tuesdays to Sundays, but visitors are advised to go on weekdays, as it’s often a full house on weekends. Each person must pay an entrance fee of P200 (P225 on holidays). First-come-first-served policy applies.
- Business name: ArtSector Gallery & Chimney Café 360
- Address: Lot 18 Block 178 Eastridge Executive Village, Col. Guido Rd, Tayuman, Binangonan, Rizal
- Contact: Accepts inquiries only on Facebook
- Business hours: Tuesday to Sunday 2 pm to 8:30 pm
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/artsectorph
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/sUL2kYNHooRKXwcR8