With its pristine white beaches, friendly locals, and unlimited chances for adventure, we’re not surprised as to why travelers are drawn to the tropical paradise that is Coron. Among Palawan’s most frequented spots Coron not only offers island hopping beyond expectations, but amazingly good food in its small town center too! When you get the chance to travel again, take a trip to Coron and be sure to visit these foodie spots!
1. Buzz Express
Are you a fan of burgers, sandwiches, and milkshakes? Buzz Express offers all three! Reminiscent of an American-style diner, the restaurant is consistently packed with customers because of their no-fail food. While it may be a bit on the pricier side, their servings come in big portions and are, without a doubt, mega tasty. If it’s your first time dining at Buzz Express, try ordering their Signature Burger or Chicken Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich, and for dessert, definitely the homemade Tiramisu.
- Business Name: Buzz Express
- Address: Burgos Street, Brgy. Poblacion 2, Coron
- Contact/ Phone Number: 0917 809 4606
- Operating Hours: None provided
- FB Page Link: https://web.facebook.com/buzzexpress.ph/?_rdc=1&_rdr
- Google Maps Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Buzz+Expressfirstname.lastname@example.org,120.2024395,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x33ba1dd4a8d776c1:0x3cc255e7a9ea91fc!8m2!3d11.9989326!4d120.2046282
2. The View Deck Grill House
Sunset watching with delicious food and cocktails? Sign us up! After a long day of island hopping, the View Deck is the perfect place to unwind with good music and great company at a very reasonable price. The killer view of the sea and the mountains are just priceless.
hat to order? We were blown away by the Fish and Chips, Grilled Squid, and Baked Penne, so you might want to give those a go, along with your favorite cocktail or a an ice cold bottle of local beer. And if you’ve got the time (and space in your tummy), we hear their cheesecake is a best-seller!
- Business Name: The View Deck Grill House
- Address: 3rd floor, MRC Building, Brgy. V. Bancuang, Coron
- Contact/Phone Number: 0977 371 0282 or email@example.com
- Operating Hours: 10AM – 10PM
- FB Page Link: https://web.facebook.com/TheViewdeckGrillhouse
- Google Maps Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+VIEW+DECK+GRILL+HOUSEfirstname.lastname@example.org,120.1993074,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x33ba1dd68d3eb85d:0x874feb3bf7446ff0!8m2!3d11.9996314!4d120.2014961
3. Hop Hostel
While the hostel is pretty popular for foreign backpackers and large barkadas on vacation, not a lot of people know that the hostel’s restaurant has a great selection of delicious food. Head here for lunch or breakfast and enjoy the view of the sea as you dine al fresco. Their beef tapa and calamares are just some of the dishes you must order. And their banana bread? Absolutely heavenly. Be sure to take home a loaf or two back home.
- Business Name: Hop Hostel
- Address: Calle Nueva, Coron
- Contact/Phone Number: 0917 856 0303 or email@example.com
- Operating Hours: 6AM – 12AM
- FB Page Link: https://web.facebook.com/hophostelph
- Google Maps Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hop+Hostelfirstname.lastname@example.org,120.2001559,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!3m7!1s0x33ba1dd48ae9dacf:0x649b9fbfcee966b1!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d11.9999739!4d120.2023446
4. Trattoria Altrove Coron
A place for all Italian food lovers, Altrove is, hands-down, one of the best places to find for traditional Italian pizza and pasta in the country. Their food’s always freshly cooked and obviously made with only the finest ingredients. Apparently, they even ship their pasta straight from Italy!
Our favorites would have to include the Pancetta con Tartufo pizza and Crèma e Funghi pasta.
Fun fact: Altrove also has branches in BF Homes, Paranaque, and other famous Philippine island destinations like El Nido and Siargao! So if you ever find yourself in any of these places, be sure to check it out.
- Business Name: Trattoria Altrove
- Address: Rosario Street, Coron
- Contact/Phone Number: 0917 860 2569 or email@example.com
- Operating Hours: 1PM – 8PM
- FB Page Link: https://web.facebook.com/TrattoriaAltrove
- Google Maps Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Trattoria+Altrove+Coronfirstname.lastname@example.org,120.2008072,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x33ba1dd363404471:0xf8902a0f8354af4c!8m2!3d11.9984675!4d120.2029959
5. Epic Island Café Coron
Here’s a chill nook you’ll love for a classic Filipino breakfast and your morning cup of coffee. Our group chose to grab coffee here on our very last day before flying out and we regretted discovering it so late into our trip! Other than their coffee-based beverages, their savory comfort food meals are definitely worth the try. The Wagyu Corned Beef and the Humba Bisaya are dishes you simply won’t forget. When you’re not out exploring the islands or hiking up Mt. Tapyas, this is surely the place to be if you feel like reading a book, playing board games with your barkada, or simply taking it easy during your down time.
- Business Name: Epic Island Café Coron
- Address: Calle Real Street, Coron
- Contact/Phone Number: 0906 276 5943
- Operating Hours: 9AM – 7PM
- FB Page Link: https://web.facebook.com/epiccafecoron/?_rdc=1&_rdr
- Google Maps Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Epic+Island+Cafe+Coronemail@example.com,120.2024916,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x33ba1dd3566b8bc3:0xe70640237e9d69c2!8m2!3d11.9984153!4d120.2046803
How to Get There
The best way to get around Coron is through tricycle. Many of the restaurants and cafes are relatively close to each other, so you also have the option of walking.