Those who often get late night food cravings or work during the graveyard shift know how hard it is to find a place to eat at odd hours when they get off from work.
Thankfully, there are a few restaurants around the metro that have dedicated themselves to staying open 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. For those who live and work north of the metro, here are a few 24-hour restaurants in Quezon City you can head to ease your hunger pangs.
Need a shawarma fix at an ungodly hour? Mister Kabab has multiple branches around Metro Manila, but their branch along West Avenue in Quezon City is the only one that remains open 24/7.
This Middle Eastern and Mediterranean restaurant is well-known for their budget-friendly kebabs, shawarma wraps, falafel, yogurt shake, ox brains, and more. For appetizers, try their spinach with egg, zucchini with yoghurt, or olivieh (Persian-style potato salad). If you’re feeling extra hungry, order the Kabab Platter, which comes with two sticks each of chicken, beef, and lamb.
- Business name: Mister Kabab
- Address: 31 West Ave., Del Monte, Quezon City
- Contact number: (02) 351-2647
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MisterKabab/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/FH7vpp9y26q5JP1B7
Angus Tapa Centrale
Angus Tapa Centrale is a good choice for those craving something meaty and savory as a recovery meal for a hangover. The popular breakfast joint has only two locations in Metro Manila, which both happen to be in Quezon City. Both branches in Kamuning near the Tomas Morato area and Malingap Street near Maginhawa Street remain open 24 hours a day.
Angus Tapa Centrale specializes in traditional tapsilog, making use of 100% pure imported USDA-Certified Organic Angus beef. Their bestselling original tapsilog is served with beef marinated in a savory-sweet sauce. Their menu also offers other versions of tapa including Tropical, Hot & Spicy, Tropical Spicy, Korean BBQ, Ribs, Salpicao, and in the form of sandwiches filled with the same U.S. Angus beef.
- Business name: Angus Tapa Centrale
- Address: 11th Jamboree Street corner Kamuning Road, Sacred Heart, Quezon City; 22 Malingap Street, Teacher’s Village, Quezon City
- Contact number: (02) 8268-0621
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/angustapacentrale/
- Map link: Kamuning: https://goo.gl/maps/R3Y9wsVsacFXCPiaA; Malingap: https://goo.gl/maps/AnFbbtXPf6sWsjZV8
Kanto Freestyle Breakfast
Kanto Freestyle Breakfast is a 24-hour joint known for their gourmet presentation and budget-friendly takes on Filipino breakfast favorites. Kanto is an upgrade from the typical neighborhood carinderia or eateries, with several branches around the metro including one in the Scout area of Tomas Morato in Quezon City.
Chow down on creative and beautifully plated dishes like Chocnut Champorado with Tuyo, Bacon Congee Topped with Poached Egg, Honey Garlic Chicken or Crispy Corned Beef. While the food may look expensive in photos, dining at Kanto is actually pretty easy on the pocket.
- Business name: Kanto Freestyle Breakfast
- Address: 79-b Scout Fuentebella Ext, Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila
- Contact number: (02) 8546 9368
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kantofreestylebreakfast/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/gttZA3XNzFvaGxnL6
Tim Hortons is a Canadian fast food restaurant chain specializing in coffee, doughnuts, breakfast sandwiches, baked goods, and other fast food items. They have numerous branches all over Metro Manila, including four in Quezon City, two of which (located in Araneta Center and Eastwood) remain open 24 hours a day. They’re also open for delivery and takeout.
Coffeeholics swear by the Double Double Coffee and French Vanilla Cappuccino. For sandwiches, try the Tuscan Chicken Panini or Chipotle Chicken Wrap (Grilled or Crispy). If you’re craving donuts, be sure to try their Boston Crème, Apple Fritter or Honey Cruller donuts and timbits (bite-sized fried donut holes),
- Business name: Tim Hortons
- Address: Kia Theater, General Roxas Ave, Cubao, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Araneta Center; 1110 Eastwood Ave, Bagumbayan, Quezon City, 1800 Metro Manila
- Contact number: (02) 8932 0876; (02) 8370 1939
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TimHortonsPhilippines/
- Map link: Araneta Center: https://goo.gl/maps/ersKk5PEFWbVL4N27; Eastwood: https://goo.gl/maps/fSvT9THUQS8GmJuL8