Traveling may be off the table right now but that doesn’t mean we can’t plan ahead, right? When we finally do get to fly out, we’re definitely choosing to discover local first, and Siargao’s right at the top of our list! While the beautiful island may be a hot spot for surfers and regular beach-goers, it’s also known for its long list of must-try restaurants and cafes. What makes the experience even better is that you can just hop from one place to another riding a habal-habal and dine in your beach wear! How cool is that?Here are six foodie stops you should put on your itinerary when you hit Siargao.
1. Miguel’s Taqueria y Cerveceria
Up for some Mexican? Here’s a place you’ll most likely be thinking of even years after your Siargao trip! After a long day of island hopping, head straight from the port and grab some tacos before going back to your accommodation. We recommend ordering their famous fish tacos and pairing it with an ice-cold bottle of local beer. It’s so good that it easily gets sold out so be sure to go before peak hours.
- Business Name: Miguel’s Taqueria y Cerveceria
- Address: Poblacion 3, Tourism Road, General Luna, Siargao, Surigao del Norte, 8419
- Contact/Phone Number: 0977-247-4182 and email@example.com
- Operating Hours: 8AM – 11PM
- FB Page Link: https://www.facebook.com/MTCSiargao/
- Google Maps Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Miguel’s+Taqueriafirstname.lastname@example.org,126.1618004,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x5e2951cf7b529f10!8m2!3d9.7864927!4d126.1618004
2. Kermit Siargao
Kermit may be in Poblacion already, but the original restaurant can be found in Siargao. Ask almost anyone who’s been to Siargao and Kermit will always come up as a go-to. There’s a reason why you have to make reservations ahead of time — both tourists and locals love it! The homey Italian nook serves fresh pasta, freshly-baked pizza and breads with the most divine dough, and really good cocktails.
- Business Name: Kermit Surf Resort and Restaurant Siargao
- Address:Purok 5, General Luna, Siargao, General Luna, 8417
Contact/Phone Number: 0917-655-0548 or email@example.com
- Operating Hours: None provided
- FB Page Link: https://web.facebook.com/kermitsiargao/?_rdc=1&_rdr
- Google Maps Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kermit+Surf+Resort+and+Restaurant+Siargaofirstname.lastname@example.org,126.1605177,15z/data=!4m8!3m7!1s0x0:0xd08fd29137b9c117!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d9.7879107!4d126.1605177
Not exactly a restaurant or café, Rumbar is one of the usual night out venues in Siargao. But you must know that there’s more than just cups of punch and cuba libre in this watering hole. Their paninis are insanely yummy! With choices including chicken, bacon, and tuna, paired with their secret garlic sauce, trust us, their paninis are worth the trip to the farther side of the party strip. We loved them so much, we made sure we took some out to bring back to Manila!
- Business Name: RumBar
- Address:Poblacion 1, Barangay Bongayon, General Luna, Siargao, Surigao del Norte, 8419
Contact/Phone Number: 0939-748-3914 or email@example.com
- Operating Hours: Opens at 2PM
- FB Page Link: https://web.facebook.com/rumbarsiargao/?_rdc=1&_rdr
- Google Maps Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/RumBarfirstname.lastname@example.org,126.1466579,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x22fe67591a1b01bd!8m2!3d9.7785507!4d126.1466579
4. Harana Surf Resort
A well-loved breakfast place, Siargao travelers often visit Harana for great coffee and savory Filipino rice meals, and we absolutely get why! We couldn’t forget about their adobo and lechon kawali. At night, the place transforms into one of the island’s go-to party places. Both locals and foreigners flock here to grab a bottle of beer or two and get it on on the dance floor. The atmosphere in the morning may be chill and breezy, but nights can get pretty wild once the resort is packed!
- Business Name: Harana Surf Resort
- Address: Tuason Point, General Luna, Siargao, Surigao del Norte, 8419
- Contact/Phone Number: email@example.com or 0998-849-5461
- Operating Hours: 11:30AM – 7:30PM
- FB Page Link: https://web.facebook.com/haranasurf
- Google Maps Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Harana+Surf+Resortfirstname.lastname@example.org,126.1671246,15z/data=!4m8!3m7!1s0x0:0xe5401d1811492da9!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d9.8068769!4d126.1671246
5. Mama’s Grill
Just like Kermit, there’s a reason why there are long waiting lines outside of the restaurant once peak hours hit. Mama’s Grill offers mouth-watering Filipino meals that don’t break the bank! If you’re in Siargao on a tight budget, Mama’s Grill should be no problem. Offering a list of options including chicken, pork barbecue, squid, and other seafood fresh off the grill, you’ll be leaving the restaurant with a happy wallet and stomach!
- Business Name: Mama’s Grill
- Address: Tourism Road, General Luna, Siargao, Surigao del Norte
Contact/Phone Number: None provided
- Operating Hours: None provided
- FB Page Link: None provided
- Google Maps Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mama’s+Grillemail@example.com,126.1585147,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x3303f61c73c0e27b:0x70532f8f7e8f80d5!8m2!3d9.7950313!4d126.1607034
6. Bravo Beach Resort
The home of the famous Pomada cocktail! No trip to Siargao is complete without trying Bravo’s special gin-based calamansi drink. Head to Bravo for dinner with your travel buddies and listen to the night’s live band or DJ in the small huton the beach. It’s the perfect place for a chill night of drinking. In case you keep the Pomada pitchers coming, just be sure you’re ready with an Advil for tomorrow’s hangover. Besttapas? Definitely the croquetas!
- Business Name: Bravo Beach Resort
- Address:Tourism Road, General Luna, Siargao, Surigao del Norte
- Contact/Phone Number: 0999-877-8518 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operating Hours: 8AM – 7:30PM
- FB Page Link: https://web.facebook.com/bravosiargao/?_rdc=1&_rdr
- Google Maps Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bravo+Beach+Resort+Siargaoemail@example.com,126.1598965,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!3m7!1s0x3303f61b88f26039:0xfeaaeb2fefe65ba5!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d9.7915855!4d126.1620852
How to Get There
Best way around General Luna is taking a tricycle or a habal-habal. You can get one from your accommodation to any restaurant.