Manila is a vibrant city teeming with historic sites, secret bars, world class restaurants, and beautiful skylines. Looking for a place to drink in the capital city of the Philippines? Check out these unique bars that offer great views and a bit of history and culture.
Sky Deck View Bar
The Bayleaf Hotel is a boutique hotel that offers contemporary luxury and convenience within Intramuros, the oldest and historic core of Manila. One of the main draws of this iconic high-class landmark is its Sky Deck View Bar, a rooftop bar that provides an unobstructed, 360-degree view of the city skyline and offers stunning views of the Manila sunset. The bar offers an extensive wine selection, local beers, and cocktails, best enjoyed with local favorites, like tapas and bar chow along with live acoustic entertainment.
- Business name: Sky Deck View Bar, The Bayleaf Intramuros
- Address: Muralla St, Intramuros, Manila, 1002 Metro Manila
- Contact number: (02) 3185000
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/thebayleafintramuros/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/dFFYMKwcFCvU9B1a8
White Moon Bar
White Moon Bar is a bar located on the second floor of Manila Ocean Park offering expansive views of the Manila Bay. Catering as a chill after-work destination for the office crowd, White Moon Bar offers a breath of fresh air, relaxing ambiance, chill-out music mixed by an in-house DJ along with classic and signature cocktails like Tequila Sunrise, Harbourside Rose and Pink Flamingo.
- Business name: White Moon Bar
- Address: Ocean Park, Independence Rd, Ermita, Manila, 1000 Metro Manila
- Contact number: +63272386100
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/whitemoonbarPH/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/NG5H5H3sVppGvMo26
Batala Bar, located inside the Philippine Artisan Trade Gallery right next to the Bambike EcoTours headquarters in Intramuros, is a hidden gem that offers a space where visitors can discover beautiful and unique local products and enjoy craft beverages and treats. The bar doesn’t just serve liquor, but also dishes out ice cream, coffee, and local craft beer to cater to the range of tourists who visit the area. This hip bar exclusively serves products that are proudly made in the Philippines.
- Business name: Batala Bar
- Address: Plaza San Luis Complex, Intramuros, Manila
- Contact number: 0917-5982000
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BatalaBar/
- Map link: https://g.page/BatalaBar?share
Tap Station Adriatico
Tap Station is a hole-in-the-wall bar on the corner of Adriatico Street in Ermita. Despite its small size, it’s one of the few bars in Manila that serves a wide selection of home brews on tap. The cozy, al-fresco pub gives has a relaxed and friendly vibe. The bar is designed like a classic English pub, but walls are adorned with framed photos of vintage Manila and rustic touches. It’s a cozy spot for happy hour after sightseeing or visiting museums in the area.
- Business name: Tap Station Adriatico
- Address: 1313 M. Adriatico St, Ermita, Manila, 1000 Metro Manila
- Contact number: +6323102174
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/tapstationbar/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/PNpHUkg99iNz857Z9
Fred’s Revolucion – Escolta
Fred’s Revolucion is a bar located on the ground floor of the 90-year old First United Building in historic Escolta, an area experiencing a cultural revival thanks to a new generation of artists and creatives. This vintage bar is known for serving cold beer, tasty tapas aside from coffee and all-day breakfast meals. Fred’s Revolucion is a favorite hub of vintage bike owners and classic car owners. The vintage rides look great parked against the historic old-world buildings in the area.
- Business name: Fred’s Revolucion
- Address: First United Building, 413 Escolta St, Santa Cruz, Manila, 1000 Metro Manila
- Contact number: +639109696720
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/fredsrevolucion/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/fLx34svGBa5d4G4d8
The Oarhouse Pub of Manila
“Oarhouse” is one of the oldest pubs in Manila, with roots in the city’s bohemian district of Malate. This independent community nar was founded and established in 1977 by retired U.S. Navy pilot Charles “Chuck” Monroe. The classic spot is a known watering hole among journalists, photographers, artists and creatives. Aside from being a community bar, it also serves as a gallery for independent artists. Oarhouse serves a variety of American style finger foods, burgers, grilled combos, and rice dishes best paired with cold beers.
- Business name: Oarhouse Pub of Manila
- Address: 1688 B Jorge Bocobo St, Malate, 1004 Metro Manila
- Contact number: +639215927965
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/oarhousepub/
- Map link: https://g.page/oarhousepubmanila?share