Food really tastes better when you can enjoy it somewhere with a good view. Looking for a dining destination where you can enjoy cooler weather and stunning scenery? Tagaytay has always been a favorite among Metro Manila folk for weekend dining and special celebrations. Here’s a look at some of the popular restaurants that offer sumptuous cuisine and refreshing views overlooking Taal Lake.
Veranda is the in-house restaurant of Taal Vista Hotel, one of the pioneering hotels in Tagaytay City. This large restaurant is known for serving Continental cuisine and traditional Filipino favorites. They offer a wide array of dishes, buffet feasts and ala carte meals and a colorful dessert bar. Guests will surely enjoy soaking in the panoramic view of the Taal Lake and Volcano at Taal Vista’s View Deck while waiting for their orders to arrive.
- Business name: Veranda, Taal Vista Hotel
- Address: Taal Vista Hotel, Kilometer 60, Aguinaldo Highway Tagaytay City, Tagaytay City
- Contact number: +63 (2) 7917-8225, 0917-5578265
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/TazaFreshTable/
- Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/9rMn3rwf5SxChzXG9
- Website: www.taalvistahotel.com/dining
Hailing from the famous Antonio’s Group, Balay Dakois a restaurant helmed by Chef Tony Boy Escalante that specializes in traditional Filipino dishes and classic Tagaytay favorites. It gets its name from a Negrense term meaning “Big House” and has come to be known as a gathering place for families who want to celebrate milestones and special events. Their charming interiors and delicious cuisine are set to the backdrop of stunning views of Taal, making any dining experience more memorable.
- Business name: Balay Dako by Antonio’s
- Address: Tagaytay-Nagsugbu Highway, Tagaytay City, Cavite, Philippines
- Contact number: Landline: (046) 483.4847
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/balaydakotagaytay/
- Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/Y7nnKLGdozrb2GmS8
- Website: https://antoniosrestaurant.ph/balay-dako/
Breakfast at Antonio’s
Those who believe that in the old adage that breakfast is the most important meal of the day will want to head to Breakfast at Antonio’s. This casual restaurant is known for serving excellent all-day breakfast and brunch meals with a view to boot. Take your pick from heartwarming breakfast favorites, freshly baked bread, European brunch meals, classic deli favorites, homemade jams, and sweet treats in a charming and rustic setting overlooking Taal.
- Business name: Breakfast at Antonio’s
- Address: Tagaytay-Nagsugbu Highway, Tagaytay City, Cavite, Philippines (Besides Leslie’s and Max’s across Magallanes Square in Tagaytay)
- Contact number: (046) 483 4847
- FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/breakfastatantonios/
- Google maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/7gCdQXQzKR7TWvqa7
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/breakfastatantonios/
Leslie’s Ridge & Restaurant
Many families head up to Tagaytay just to enjoy eating bulalo, a traditional Filipino soup dish made with beef shank and vegetables that really hits the spot because of the cooler weather. When it comes to bulalo, one of the top go-to spots in the city is Leslie’s Ridge & Restaurant. This Tagaytay favorite draws in big groups and families for the food and the nice view of the Taal Lake and Volcano right at the back of the restaurant.
- Business name: Leslie’s Ridge & Restaurant
- Address: Tagaytay – Nasugbu Hwy, Kaybagal South, Tagaytay, Cavite
- Contact number: 0917-883 0881
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/LesliesRidgeandRestaurant/
- Google maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/NshFN4rDKE9hFNm38
Bag of Beans
For coffee lovers visiting Tagaytay, Bag of Beans is one of the top must-visit homegrown cafes. It has several branches around the area, which offer cozy sanctuaries and refreshing views. The main branch along the Tagaytay-Nasugbu Highway offers a garden getaway with rustic interiors that will immediately make you feel at home. Savor fresh and appetizing dishes, freshly baked pastries and good coffee that you can enjoy with nature views and the cool breeze of Tagaytay.
- Business name: Bag of Beans Tagaytay
- Address: Main Branch, Tagaytay-Nasugbu Highway, Tagaytay, Cavite
- Contact number: 0922-8818265
- FB page: https://www.facebook.com/bobtagaytay/
- Google maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/mZoR73VLqyRfjVwj9