There was a time when food parks were all the rage. Over the years, the fad has somewhat died down, leaving only the strongest in terms of quality. Food parks that still stand continue to evolve as go-to community hubs for families and barkadas who want a variety of food options at one time.
Most food parks have al fresco areas, making it a safer for socially distanced dine-in than mall-based air-conditioned restaurants. With delivery options more popular these days, stalls that offer unique dishes and strong takeout concepts have managed to survive by offering pickup, takeout and delivery. Other food parks are evolving by opening up their commercial spaces to other essential goods or much-needed services.
Here’s a look at some food parks in Quezon City.
StrEat Maginhawa Food Park
StrEAT is one of the first food parks in the Philippines, spawning several branches all over the metro. The colorful collective of food trucks and stalls has gone through several makeovers in terms of design and merchant stalls, so there’s always something new to try. Currently operational stalls include The Lost Bread (French toast, overloaded shakes and specialty ice creams), The BurgKYard (cheesy burgers), Epicure (cocktail pails) and Avocadoria (avocado-based treats), to name a few.
- Business name: StrEAT: Maginhawa Food Park
- Address: 91 Maginhawa St., UP Village, Quezon City
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/streatmaginhawafoodpark/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/ZkLEm7sY8vWNf8v18
Z Compound Food Park
Established in 2013, Z Compound on Malingap Street, is another pioneer in the food park scene, with various stalls serving budget-friendly eats, vegan options, comfort food, beer and cocktails. They aim to be a hub for food, art and music, with live musical performances during weekends in their cozy backyard setting. Stalls include Indulge (vegan pizzeria), Abdul (kebabs and shawarma), Black Betty (burgers, chicken and fries), Kit-chay (silog meals) and more. The food park also contains a self-service laundromat on the premises and a car wash nearby, so you can combine chores like laundry or getting your car washed while enjoying a snack.
- Business name: Z Compound
- Address: #33A Malingap, Teacher’s Village, 1101 Quezon City, Philippines
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/z727z/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/9p5wgptfPizS1iMN7
Malingap Central Food Hall
With its bright teal façade, Malingap Central Food Hall is hard to miss. The food hall concept from the same makers as neighbors Pino, Pipino and Breakfast & Pies hosts several food stalls and a co-working space with a small outdoor garden area that canserves as an intimate workshop or event venue. You can order plant-based meals from Veggie Guys (vegan comfort food), grab some Japanese treats from Take Home (sushi stand) or get crispy pata delivered straight to your home from House of Kapalmuks. The food hall is currently inviting more food and creative concepts with strong foundations on delivery and pickup, and marketing who want a prominent space to join their community.
- Business name: Malingap Central Food Hall
- Address: 40 Malingap, Diliman, Lungsod Quezon City
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MalingapCentral/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/dDkfpDqSP7Ass2cy8
Rooftop Food Park
For those live further North in Quezon City, there are other food parks worth checking out in the vicinity. Rooftop Food Park in Fairview is a large food establishment offering a wide selection of food choices, that diners can enjoy with great views overlooking the city. They also have small KTV rooms for small parties. Their rooftop bar that serves beer and cocktails, also offers delivery services, for those who would rather hang out and chill with friends and family at home.
- Business name: Rooftop Food Park
- Address: Regalado Hwy, Novaliches, Quezon City, Metro Manila
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Rooftopfairview/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/bQanEGGmoXfGKp4v8
Nova Food Park
Nova Food Park has established itself as a go-to place for residents and students from Novaliches who want to just chill out with friends and family over food and drinks. Stalls include Bratz Burger, Rox Gastropub, and more. The food park recently added a community wet and dry market section for residents who need to buy essential food supplies in a clean and safe setting without having to join the crowds at the regular markets or grocery stores.
- Business name: Nova Food Park
- Address: Gen. Luis Cor. Elenita Sts., Nagkaisang Nayon, Novaliches, Quezon City
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/novafoodpark/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/vvbfpJ4pN4uj57w97