Makati may be known for its skyscrapers, offices and shopping malls, but the country’s financial hub is also a top food trip destination in the metro. From the upscale corners of Legaspi Village and Glorietta, to the side streets surrounding the trendy neighborhood of Poblacion, there are a lot of dining destinations to choose from in Makati.
Whether you’re looking for a trendy spot to drink with friends or a place to grab coffee at ungodly hours to nurse a hangover; a vegan-friendly hangout or a streetside joint to go people watching, there’s sure to be just the right restaurant in Makati waiting for you.
Here are some unique restaurants in Makati where you can go food tripping.
A pioneer in the Poblacion food scene, El Chupacabra is undoubtedly one of the most popular restos to go food tripping in the area. This casual Mexican-American restaurant is known for their authentic open-faced Mexican street tacos and gourmet barbecue. It’s often recommended as one of the cheapest places to grab a beer in the neighborhood.
Despite being tucked away in a small side street, many diners find their way there just to see what the fuss is all about for themselves. “El Chups” offers delicious and affordable Tex-Mex dishes like burritos, tacos, and enchiladas. Be sure to try out their bestsellers like Carnitas and refreshing drinks like Horchata and Aguas Frescas.
- Business name: El Chupacabra
- Address:5782 Felipe Street corner Polaris Street, Makati, Metro Manila
- Contact number: (02) 77293358
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Elchupacabraph/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/QoaG41B1rSjxYap58
Filling Station Bar and Café
Looking for a place that never sleeps for a slice of cake for dessert or maybe a cup of coffee at 3am after a night out drinking?
Filling Station is a classicAmerican diner that’s just chock full of vintage and pop culture memorabilia. The diner is best known for their milkshakes and cakes, but they also serve a lot of other food options and meals that customers can enjoy 24 hours a day. The overwhelming neon-lit interiors alone make this Makati institution worth a stop, especially for those who want to sneak in some cool Riverdale-style photo ops while they go about food tripping with friends.
- Business name: Filling Station
- Address: 5012 P Burgos, Makati, 1210 Metro Manila
- Contact number: (02) 8897 2053
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fillingstationmakati/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/8fZ6nPyQnzktWjET6
Hummus Elijah is a vegetarian restaurant that brings the taste of authentic Mediterranean cuisine to the Philippines. Using fresh, simple and flavorful ingredients, this friendly and homey food joint dishes out arguably the best falafel and hummus in the Philippines. Aside from their signature hummus, they also serve delicious Mediterranean salads, Tabbouleh and French Fries. This is a good restaurant choice for vegetarians and vegans looking for a bite to eat in Makati,
- Business name: Hummus Elijah
- Address:7850 Makati Avenue, Makati, 1209 Metro Manila
- Contact number:0905-3134602
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/humuselijah/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/SPd4T6kjgLvhK2BeA
Alamat Filipino Pub & Deli
For international backpackers who want a taste of local cuisine with a twist, Alamat Filipino Pub & Deli is a popular choice. With interiors inspired by Philippine folklore, this restaurant serves local craft beer, Pinoy cocktails and creatively reinvented Pinoy street food. Try their skewered versions of traditional dishes like Kare-Kare and Tokwa’t Baboy. They also transform staples like sisig, bopis, dinuguan and adobo and salted egg into sausage forms, offering tasty appetizers to match the local craft beers.
- Business name: Alamat Filipino Pub & Deli
- Address:2/F 5666 Don Pedro St. Barangay Población, 1210 Makati
- Contact number: 0917-6266866
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlamatFilipinoPub/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/xBoKGsKpXrVBB1NKA