One of the best things to do after a long day of travel is to feast on a fine selection of meals. Pair that up with amazing scenery while eating, and you’ll be satisfied for the rest of the day.
Tagaytay is known for its view of Taal Volcano and is home to some of the best restaurants in the country. Here are 4 restaurants in Tagaytay that will satisfy both your eyes and your taste buds.
1. Bag of Beans
Bag of Beans is a homey restaurant that serves scrumptious breakfast meals. They also offer entrees, hot snacks, pancakes, pizzas, and desserts. If you love coffee, their brewed coffee and blueberry cheesecake is the perfect go-to combination. They also sell bags of coffee beans for those who want to make their own brew at home.
As of this writing, they have six branches spread throughout Tagaytay. But the main branch is something else. It has a rustic theme that gives off a warm and relaxing feeling.
- Business name: Bag of Beans
- Address: 115 Aguinaldo Highway, Mendez Crossing West, Silang Junction South, Tagaytay, 4120 Cavite
- Contact number: (046) 413 2723
- Operating Hours: 7am-9pm
- FB Page Link: https://facebook.com/bobtagaytay/?_rdc=1&_rdr
- Google Maps Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bag+of+Beansemail@example.com,120.956993,167m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x1fedb5b4cff4c529!8m2!3d14.1091125!4d120.9569933?hl=en-US
- How to get there: From Parañaque, ride a bus heading to Nasugbu, Batangas from Coastal Mall terminal. If you are coming from Cubao, ride a bus heading to Nasugbu, Batangas from DLTB Bus terminal. Drop off in front of Bag of Beans, which is located beside Tagaytay-Nasugbu Highway. It is a few blocks away from Carmela’s Banana Cakes and Our Lady of Lourdes Parish.
2. Balay Dako
Balay Dako proudly serves Filipino cuisine food. Ranging from house favorites like Lechon na baboy and Bistek Tagalog, to desserts like Halo-Halo Klasiko and Mandarin Orange Shaved Ice, their menu selection is curated to give you the best value for your money. Be prepared to take some food out, as servings are quite generous.
This restaurant is situated beside the Nasugbu highway, overlooking Taal Lake. The restaurant has a nice wooden finish, lending a vintage, Spanish-era feel to the entire place.
- Business Name: Balay Dako
- Address: Tagaytay – Nasugbu Hwy, Tagaytay, 4120 Cavite
- Contact number: (046) 413 4866
- Operating Hours: 11am-9pm
- FB Page Link: https://facebook.com/balaydakotagaytay/?_rdc=1&_rdr
- Google Maps Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Balay+Dakofirstname.lastname@example.org,120.9492547,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x33bd7772447d5445:0x903beff1916baf77!8m2!3d14.1017813!4d120.9514434
- How to get there: From Parañaque, ride a bus heading to Nasugbu, Batangas from Coastal Mall terminal. If you are coming from Cubao, ride a bus heading to Nasugbu, Batangas from DLTB Bus terminal. Drop off in front of Balay Dako, which is also located beside Tagaytay-Nasugbu Highway. This restaurant is adjacent to Starbucks.
3. Leslie’s Forest Garden Restaurant
If you are craving bulalo, tawilis, pancit guisado, or baboy ramo adobo, Leslie’s has got you covered. The crew is swift in preparing orders, too!
They also have local musicians playing different songs to brighten up your day. Like Balay Dako, Leslie’s also has the perfect view of Taal Lake. You can admire the beauty of nature while singing along with the band.
- Business Name: Leslie’s Forest Garden Restaurant
- Address: Tagaytay – Nasugbu Hwy, Tagaytay, Cavite
- Contact number: (046) 483 4271
- Operating Hours: 10am-12am
- FB Page Link: https://web.facebook.com/pages/Leslies-Tagaytay/321988197877797?nr
- Google Maps Link: https://www.google.com.ph/maps/place/Leslie’s+Forest+Garden+Restaurantemail@example.com,120.9495187,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x33bd777239147687:0xa3daf157e1351697!8m2!3d14.1020704!4d120.9517074
- How to get there: Leslie’s is just a few meters away from Balay Dako. Instructions on how to get there are the same.
Balinsasayaw boasts a wide range of Filipino cuisine. They also cater to people who are vegan or vegetarian. Something that you can look forward to is their tinolang manok sa pakwan and nilasing na hipon. They offer soup refills as well.
The restaurant is surrounded by lush gardens, lending a more relaxed ambiance. Maximize your stay by eating in one of their nipa huts located behind their restaurant.
- Business Name: Balinsasayaw
- Address: Emilio Aguinaldo Hwy, East, Tagaytay, 4120 Cavite
- Contact number: 0917 326 3662
- Operating Hours: 8am-10pm
- FB Page Link: https://web.facebook.com/BalinsasayawEventVenueRestaurant/?_rdc=1&_rdr
- Google Maps Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Balinsasayaw+Restaurant+and+Casitas+Tagaytayfirstname.lastname@example.org,120.95465,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x33bd77c737ff5f29:0x7f3475bba853c99e!8m2!3d14.1322521!4d120.9568387
- How to get there: Ride a bus going to Nasugbu, Batangas. Drop off in front of Total gas station, which is located beside Tagaytay-Nasugbu Highway. Next to it is a sign that says “Balinsasayaw”. Head straight until you see the main restaurant.