Davao City is best known for its of tropical fruits like durian and pomelo and traditional Filipino dishes like kinilaw and sutukil. But as a top business and leisure hub for travelers, it also has its share of international restaurants catering to specific cuisines and clientele.
For those who want to enjoy Japanese cuisine, the “King City of the South” won’t leave you disappointed. Here are a few Japanese restaurants in Davao City worth checking out.
Nonki Japanese Restaurant
Nonki is reputed to be one of the best Japanese restaurants in Davao City, often recommended by Japanese locals because of the authentic flavors and food preparation. Located in the Poblacion District in Davao City, Nonki serves the best sushi and freshest sashimi in town, made from premium, high-quality seafood. They also dish out other Japanese favorites like tempura, sukiyaki, teppanyaki, ramen and more. While the place is usually packed, service is quick and the food quality is excellent.
- Business name: Nonki Japanese Restaurant
- Address: AutoVille Building, F. Torres St, Poblacion District, Davao City
- Contact number: (082) 226 3058
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nonki-Japanese-Restaurant/203508543018043
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/fd2JDms88iQ6VrFd8
Kaizen: Japanese Street Dining
Kaizen Davao was opened in December 2016 to introduce the Yokocho concept to Davao City and to attract younger diners. Yokocho refers to the casual and laidback street style dining culture common in Japanese cities. This hip and trendy restaurant offers a fusion of Japanese-inspired cuisine combining the best of the east and the west mixed with local flavors.
Kaizen specializes in sushi rolls, donburis or rice bowls, ramen, yakitori, sashimi, kushikatsu, salads, temaki or hand rolls. Their bestsellers include Du30 (a sushi roll filled with crab tempura and cream cheese), Martial Roll (which features ingredients commonly found in Mindanao including tuna, avocado and cucumber) and the Japanese Mafia (special Italian parmesan cheese sauce with crab tempura and fresh salmon).
- Business name: Kaizen: Japanese Street Dining
- Address: Poblacion District, Davao City, 8000 Davao del Sur
- Contact number: (082) 298 7342
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kaizendvoph/
- Map link: https://g.page/kaizendvoph?share
Manzoku Japanese Restaurant
Manzoku is a Japanese Restaurant located in the mall of Felcris Centrale in Quimpo Boulevard in Davao City. The word Manzoku means “satisfaction” in Japanese, and this restaurant aims to deliver simple, yet satisfying Japanese dishes to diners. Manzoku serves a variety of sushi, gyoza, gyudon, seafood ramen, dynamite maki, and more. While some of the dishes are a bit on the pricey side, Manzoku offers value for money and locals rave about the generous portion sizes and flavorful offerings.
- Business name: Manzoku Japanese Restaurant
- Address: Al Fresco, Felcris Centrale Mall, Quimpo Boulevard, Davao City
- Contact number: (082) 224 2530
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ManzokuJapaneseRestaurant/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/f4zPSS8wtEfqG3ZR9
Akiko Japanese Restaurant
Akiko Japanese Restaurant has been serving authentic Japanese cuisine at reasonable prices for 15 years and counting in downtown Davao. Run by a Japanese owner, this cozy and understated establishment hidden in the Victoria Plaza mall offers delicious and filling sukiyaki, tempura shrimp, salmon head, soba noodles, chicken skewers and other Japanese favorites. While the place has become a bit run-down over the years, locals keep coming back because of the authentic flavor and affordability of the food as well as the warm and friendly service.
- Business name: Akiko Japanese Restaurant
- Address: Victoria Plaza Car Park, 7 Veloso Street & J.p. Laurel Avenue, Poblacion District, Davao City, 8000 Davao del Sur
- Contact number: (082) 222 6825
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Akiko-Japanese-Restaurant-%E3%81%82%E3%82%8A%E3%81%8C%E3%81%A8%E3%81%86-%E6%98%8E%E5%AD%90-1600310090211110/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/x6nTyDHqfXkxa1jXA