Unique cafes in the Philippines are increasingly becoming more common these days. However, there are cafés that have truly captured the flair for creating magical spaces that attract regular customers – just like these two fantasy-themed cafes that offer a surreal, fantasy book experience.
Have a read and prepare to be transported to wonderland!
1. Alice Tea Salon
If you’re a fan of Lewis Caroll’s “Alice in Wonderland”, then you need to get into Alice Tea Salon’s door ASAP. The café has been luring customers into its rabbit hole for three years now. The cafe incorporates different elements from the fantasy novel, including popular Alice in Wonderland quotes such as, “We’re all mad here” and “Drink Me.”
Every nook features an IG-worthy spot. In the film adaptation, you might recall that the color red represents the Queen of Hearts, while the color baby blue and white represent Alice. These colors stand out indoors, with a vintage-checkered floor pattern.
The café also takes pride in its healthy Teapresso (espresso-blended tea based drinks), which comes from Taiwan’s authentic tea leaves and are brewed to order. These are a perfect pairing with their BLT sandwich and indulgent desserts (Triple Mousse Cake, Turtle Pie, Lemon Bars, Fudge Brownies, French Toast).
Surely, you’ll have the perfect tea time here.
The café temporarily closed on March 2020 due to the pandemic, but will be reopening soon!
- Business Name: Alice Tea Salon
- Address: 3/F Festival Mall Expansion, 1170 Muntinlupa City
- Contact Details: +63 2829 36021 / email@example.com
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AliceTeaSalon
- Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/aliceteasalon/
- Google Map Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Alice+Tea+Salonfirstname.lastname@example.org,121.03863,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x3397c814d95b5105:0x57eee386290e683a!8m2!3d14.4177956!4d121.0408187
2. Zoo Coffee
Animal lovers who love safaris may find Zoo Coffee a fitting respite. The café reminds one of “The Lion King”, though the film is not its actual inspiration. It is a flagship branch from Korea, which has been entertaining guests for three years now in its cozy, animal-printed space.
Children and adults alike frequent the café for its playful interior design. Their branches often have a huge tree at the center, and stuffed animals everywhere, lending a jungle-esque feel.
Zoo Coffee combines coffee/tea and ginseng in a cup for one exciting coffee rush. We recommend the Red Ginseng Honey Latte (₱185) and Red Ginseng Honey Tea (₱175).
You can also opt for the usual: Cappuccino, Café Latte, Espresso, Americano, etc. These are best paired with waffles, sandwiches or savory Korean desserts, gelato and shaved ice.
As of now, the café is one of the leading established coffee shop brands both in Korea and China. Its popularity in the Philippines is well-proven too with its many store branches in Manila.
The café closed on March 2020, but has since reopened in May 2020.
- Business Name: Zoo Coffee
- Contact Details: +63 2863 63266
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/zoocoffeeph
- Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/zoocoffeeph/
- Google Map Links for branches:
- Alphaland Makati Place, Makati City (closed for now): https://www.google.com/maps/place/Zoo+Coffeeemail@example.com,121.0139695,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x3397c90a277b2b4f:0xcc9e84b0dcb475fc!8m2!3d14.5622946!4d121.0161582
- SM Megamall: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Zoo+Coffeefirstname.lastname@example.org,121.0335439,17z/data=!3m2!4b1!5s0x3397b702f845ec31:0x80a2cfb8d5bb8f55!4m5!3m4!1s0x3397b70ebc1587cd:0x565db96d77811367!8m2!3d14.6521184!4d121.0357326
- Tuscany Mckinley Hills: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Zoo+Coffeeemail@example.com,121.0500879,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x3397c934a867814d:0x57e41bed8de952f!8m2!3d14.5380142!4d121.0522766
- Newport Pasay: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Zoo+Coffeefirstname.lastname@example.org,121.0116444,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x3397cf86c5112fbb:0x62ff06d6e15360f2!8m2!3d14.5231396!4d121.0138331
- Ayala Vertis North