When it comes to food, for Filipinos, the motto usually is “the more, the merrier.” Buffets, with their wide variety of choices and unlimited servings, offer value for money especially for people celebrating special celebrations with the whole family.
There are a lot of specialty buffet restaurants that focus on a particular cuisine, such as breakfast buffets, Mongolian bowls, Shabu-shabu buffets and the like.
But nothing beats all-you-can-eat buffets that offer a wider variety of different types of cuisine and can deliver in terms of food quality and consistency. Here are a few well-loved buffet restaurants in Manila to consider for your next food adventure.
When you think of upscale buffets in Manila, Spiral immediately comes to mind. Located inside the Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, Manila’s top 5-star luxury resort hotel, Spiral is one of the most sought-after buffets in the metro because of its dizzying array of food choices.
Spiral boasts of a grand buffet with 21 different dining ateliers serving selections from all over the world. Whet your appetite with a sampling of salads and appetizers, sushi and sashimi, baked dishes, pasta, pizza and much more before moving on to main viands. Different international cuisine like North Indian, Chinese, Thai and Korean are represented here, addressing even the most specific food cravings.
The buffet highlights Sofitel’s French roots with the La Boulangerie boasting of freshly made baguettes, croissants and breads as well as a wide array of pastries, sweets, cheese selection and charcuterie. As a bonus, Sofitel also offers all-you-can-drink alcohol and beverages.
- Business name: Spiral
- Address: Sofitel Philippine Plaza Hotel CCP Complex 1300, Roxas Blvd, Pasay, Metro Manila
- Contact: (02) 8832 6988
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SofitelManila/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/teJiiUjY7xSksd1G7
Café Ilang-Ilang is the buffet restaurant of Manila Hotel, the oldest premiere hotel in the Philippines. This restaurant in the historic 5-star hotel located along Manila offers an elegant buffet setting for diners to feast in style on the well-curated array of cuisines from across all continents.
Café Ilang-Ilang features eight live cooking stations including Asian, Mediterranean, European, and Western dishes, as well as an open Pan-Asian kitchen, Churrasco station, dessert station, and Italian kitchen with a wood-fired pizza oven, dishing out gastronomic delights that will satisfy the most discerning palates.
- Business name: Café Ilang-Ilang at The Manila Hotel
- Address: Manila Hotel, 1 Rizal Park, Ermita, Manila, Philippines
- Contact number: (632) 8527 0011
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cafe-Ilang-Ilang-Manila-Hotel/111380533679028
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/Yi71Uk51dR9hDSxK9
Vikings is one of the most massive buffet restaurants in the metro, with multiple branches established in malls. Known for its festive atmosphere and regular promos and group discounts, Vikings offers one of the most accessible buffet experiences. Over the years, they’ve established themselves as a top choice for birthdays and group celebrations.
Vikings offers a wide international selection of dishes including appetizers and salads, prime ribs, fresh seafood, gourmet pizzas, Asian, Western and Mediterranean stations and a fun dessert station that kids love.
- Business name: Vikings
- Address: SM By The Bay Complex, Seaside Blvd, Pasay, Metro Manila; Multiple branches: https://www.vikings.ph/vikingsbranches
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/VIKINGSSMMALLOFASIA/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/8E3fXE7sbzSHbhPA7
Dad’s World Buffet
Dad’s World Buffet, which first opened in 1993, introduced the “no leftovers” buffet concept to many people in the country. This well-loved restaurant chain gathers the world’s most popular cuisines, each one representing a country known for its food products, unique menus, and cooking styles.
Dad’s World Buffet, which includes the stand-alone buffet Filipino Kamayan and Japanese Saisaki, offers a value-for-money deal where diners can make the most out of their buffet experience with the three restaurant concepts. Dad’s is known for offering iconic and familiar dishes from over 12 types of cuisine from East to West includingAsian, North American, South American and European cuisine at very reasonable prices.
- Business name: Dad’s World Buffet
- Address: Level 4 Bridgeway, SM Megamall EDSA, Mandaluyong City
- Contact number: 0917-8961757
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/dadsworldbuffet/