Ah, breakfast. That wonderful aroma of proteins butter, and starches the sight of cereals and bread after waking up from a long, food-free night – such is the charm of breakfasting.
If you are like us, breakfast-frenzy peeps, you’d know that if there’s one place near Manila that’s ideal for this first meal of the day, it’s Tagaytay. Apart from a flurry of restos and cafes serving piping hot freshly brewed coffee and breakfast items – from silog to Continental, to waffles and bacon – you’ll also be treated to nice, balmy weather and a scenic view of Tagaytay Lake and Volcano as you finish a morning plate.
Power up in these perfect breakfast stops in Tagaytay!
Buon Giorno Caffe & Bistro
If you like proper but affordable Italian food, there’s no better place to get it than Buon Giorno. Well known in Twin Lakes – and all of Tagaytay for that matter – Buon Giorno whips up authentic Italian fare, including antipasti, pasta, and pizza. For breakfast, we recommend the Benedict Buon Giorno, a heartwarming plate of Eggs Benedict, julienned ham, artichoke, spinach, and bread. The buttermilk pancakes are excellent too, as are their Pinoy Breakfast Favorites.
- Business name: Buon Giorno Caffe & Bistro
- Address: Twin Lakes Shopping Village, Brgy. Dayap Itaas, Laurel, 4221 Batangas
- Contact: 0932-8822966, 0917-1157784, (046) 8483-2102
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Buon-Giorno-Caffe-Bistro-175757805780209/
- Operating hours: 8 am to 6 pm on Tuesdays through Thursdays and 8 am to 7 pm on Fridays to Sundays and on holidays. Closed for disinfection on Mondays.
- Take out and delivery is between 12 pm and 5 pm
- Menu: Click here to see menu
The Dining Room at Gourmet Farms
The Dining Room is located inside Gourmet Farms, which is the first to introduce organic farming in the country. The farm is popular for its roasted coffee and fresh produce. It’s in The Dining Room employs a farm-to-table concept, sourcing almost all its ingredients from the farm itself. Dine here for fresh, well-loved Filipino comfort brekkie, including daing na bangus and beef tapa, or something lighter like omelet and toast or salmon salad. Breakfast meals are served with complimentary tea, coffee, or hot choco.
Make sure to book 7 business days ahead as slots are limited. To reserve, follow these steps.
- Business name: The Dining Room at Gourmet Farms, Inc.
- Address: Km. 52, Aguinaldo Highway, Lalaan 2 4118 Silang, Cavite
- Contact: (0917)585-4674
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GourmetFarmsPh
- Operating hours: Farm tour schedules at Mondays to Fridays at 10AM, 1PM, and 3PM No farm tour all holidays,holy week, and during inclement weather.
Taza Fresh Table at Taal Vista Hotel
Another farm-to-table resto that’s worthy of the drive down south is Taza Fresh Table, one of Taal Vista Hotel’s dining facilities. Specializing in freshly made Italian-Mediterranean dishes, Taza uses sustainable ingredients sourced from local farms. Aside from an awesome view of Taal Lake, you’ll enjoy here homemade bacon, creamy Eggs Benedict, tasty French Toast, fresh greens, and Chicken Waffles for breakfast. Steak is also on offer – highly recommended! If you’re staying the night in Taal Vista, throw in an extra P300 for breakfast buffet at Taza.
- Business name: Taza Fresh Table
- Address: Taal Vista Hotel, Kilometer 60, Aguinaldo highway, Tagaytay, 4120 Cavite
- Contact: (02) 7917 8225/ (046) 413-0000/ 0917 809 1254
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TazaFreshTable
- Operating hours: Daily from 8 am to 8 pm except Mondays. Please call first to confirm.
- Menu: https://www.facebook.com/TazaFreshTable/menu/
Love chocolates for breakfast? Tsokolateria would be heaven.
This Happy Concept outfit offers generously choco-ed brekkie staples, including Spicy Tuyo with Bitter Cacao, Tsoko Mallows, Tablea Champorado, and the ever popular Tablea Sampler Surprise – a goody box of dessert jiggers containing chocolates and an assortment of fillings, from herbs to fruits.
- Business name: Tsokolateria
- Address: The Boutique Bed and Breakfast, 45 Aguinaldo Highway Silang Crossing East, Tagaytay
- Contact: (046) 413 1798
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tsokolateria/
- Operating hours: Daily from 10 am to 10 pm
Breakfast at Antonio’s
Whether you love breakfast in the morning or at noon (or even dinner time), Breakfast at Antonio’s all-day breakfast menu is sure to sate your appetite. Delight your senses with bestsellers like beef tapa, Eggs Florentine, Breakfast Steak; and Blueberry Haven – a mouthwatering stack of pancakes topped with vanilla ice cream and fresh blueberries. Resting on a ridge, the cafe offers you an up-close view of Taal Lake.
- Business name: Breakfast at Antonio’s
- Address: Aguinaldo Highway, Barangay Bagong Tubig 4120, Tagaytay
- Contact: (046) 413-0738
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/breakfastatantonios/
- Operating hours: Daily from 7 am to 7 pm
Bag of Beans
A famous food stop in Tagaytay, Bag of beans, has for over two decades, evolved from being a quaint cafe serving fresh, roasted coffees to a full-pledged restaurant with several branches offering international dishes. Rustic, homey, and versatile, Bag of Beans is ideal for families who value options and all-day breakfast. Its Mendez branch also offers a weekend brunch buffet filled with pastries, cakes, and other brekkie items.
- Business name: Bag of Beans
- Address: 115 Aguinaldo Highway, Mendez Crossing West, Tagaytay City
- Contact: (0917) 866-6169/ 0922-881-8265
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bobtagaytay/