We all know that eating fruits and vegetables can help boost one’s immune system and keep people healthy. With everything happening in the world, it’s more important than ever to stay healthy through proper diets. Eliminating meat consumption and going on a plant-based diet is not just a fad, but a growing lifestyle.
If you’re a resident of Quezon City, you’ll be happy to know that there are a number of vegetarian and vegan-friendly restaurants that offer delicious and cruelty-free meat-free dishes. Here are just a few well-loved vegetarian restaurants you can try out in Quezon City.
Greens Vegetarian Restaurant & Café
Greens is a pioneering vegetarian restaurant and café in a secluded garden setting in Quezon City that has been around since 2001.As a genuine plant-based restaurant, they don’t serve any meat, fish, eggs, or dairy in their dishes. Their menu includes mock meats, pastas, veggie burgers, salad, and Filipino food like “Fish” Escabeche made with soy bean curd, Adobo made with fried tofu and shiitake mushrooms and Vegetarian Barbecue.
- Business name: Greens Vegetarian Restaurant & Café
- Address: 92 Scout Castor St, Quezon City
- Contact number: 02-24154796
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/greensresto/
- Map link: https://g.page/greensresto?share
Blissful Belly Vegetarian Cuisine
Blissful Belly Vegetarian Cuisine is a restaurant and shop located near Katipunan Avenue and Loyola Heights that offers quick, easy and value-for-money vegetarian dishes. They serve plant-based versions of classic Filipino dishes like kare-kare, sisig, sinigang and eggplant-tofu in peanut sauce. They also sell some raw foods, cakes, and vegan –friendly options for breads and pastries made from organic flour.
- Business name: Blissful Belly Vegetarian
- Address: 77, 2nd Floor Llanar Building, Xavierville Avenue, Quezon City
- Contact number: (02) 89203487
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blissful-Belly-Vegetarian/158924714170138
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/P8nTjvrHYaVdnPaWA
Daily Veggie n Café
Daily Veggie n Café is an Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian Restaurant that’s been around a while in the Banawe area. Established in 2000, this pioneering vegetarian hub offers ready-to-eat vegetarian meals like curry, sweet-and-sour nuggets, sizzling fillet, and more as well as refrigerated and dry vegetarian goods. The restaurant can also adjust dishes to cater to customers with specific diets. They also offer takeaway and catering service for special events and groups.
- Business name: Daily Veggie n Café
- Address: Contact number: 114 Sto. Domingo Avenue, Siena, Quezon City
- Contact number: 63-27118209
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DailyVeggie/
- Map link: https://g.page/DailyVeggie?share
Likha Diwa on the corner of Krus na Ligas and CP Garcia near Maginhawa Street is another longtime neighborhood favorite of vegetarians who live and work in the area. The hippie joint is known for their variety and affordability of vegetarian and vegan dishes. Top recommendations include the Crispy and Crunchy Tofu and Mushroom, Sinigang na Tofu, Vegchon Kawali and Vegetable Kare-Kare. In lieu of their special weekend buffets, they now offer bento combo meals for takeout and delivery during weekends.
- Business name: Likha Diwa
- Address:1 Lot J. Francisco St., Brgy. Krus na Ligas, Diliman, Quezon City
- Contact number: 34346545/ 09223013050
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010140008133
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/6ftquJEkyHc8R6AKA
Located right next to its sister restaurant, Pino Resto Bar, Pipino offers creative Filipino vegan dishes using locally grown fruits and vegetables and some veganized Western comfort food. For breakfast meals, they have options like Tofu Tocino, Vegan Torta and Mushroom Adobo. Other bestsellers include Portobello Inasal with Red Beet Puree, Ensaladang Talong and Brown Rice, Kale Malunggay Pesto, and Buffalo Cauliflower Wings. They also have a wide range of desserts including vegan leche flan, halo-halo, cookies, muffins and vegan ice cream made with soy milk, cashew milk or coconut milk.
- Business name: Pipino Vegan Food by Pino
- Address:39 Malingap Street, Teacher’s Street, Diliman, Quezon City
- Contact number: 0915-2301649
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pipinoveg/
- Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/mpbAQPwP6cspv4NN6